We're looking for gifted bandleaders with multiple musical talents, to be the nerve centre that links the audible to the visual in each performance. Our bandleaders must be attuned to every action on stage, to support the emotional landscapes of the show with carefully selected music composed specifically for each act.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Musical training and/or studies;
- Professional experience;
- Solid technical and artistic skills in the musical field;
- Excellent level of musical interpretation based on one or more instruments, including voice;
- Versatility, ability to interpret several musical styles and blend genres;
- Ability to interpret written or improvised musical parts as a soloist;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Availability to be transferred to another city or country and/or work within a tour context;
- Aged 18 or older;
- Excellent improvisational skills (an asset);
- Experience with in-ear amplification (an asset);
- Working knowledge of English (an asset).
Are you a bandleader seeking a new venue for your passion? If you're a team player with an open mind and a readiness to learn, there may be a place for you on stage in one of our existing or upcoming shows!
Accompanying a live performance
Most of our shows are performed live with original music that was carefully chosen to accompany each act. Our musicians must be prepared to react to the uncertainties of live performance, in order to provide seamless accompaniment for the action on stage.