What information we collect
We may collect certain personal information about persons using our website, including their name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, mobile number and credit card information.
We also gather certain electronic information, which is generated by your computer when you interact with our website.
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal and electronic information for the following reasons:
- To understand your needs and to provide you with optimal services (for example, to help us efficiently perform transactions, to deliver the services you have requested or the tickets or other products you have bought through this website, to make sure that you are the person registered with Cirque Club or newsletters subscriptions).
- To design, maintain, manage, improve, market and provide products and services on our website.
- To organize contests or other promotional activities.
- To provide you with the latest information about Cirque du Soleil, including our shows, products, services, programs and promotions.
How we collect personal information
We receive and may store any personal information you enter on our website or transmit to us via your mobile phone. For example, we collect personal information you provide when you purchase tickets or other products from us, register with us, send us an e-mail or call us, enter sweepstakes, enroll or participate in clubs like Cirque Club or subscribe to Cirque du Soleil's newsletters.
We wish to remind you that the personal information you provide us with is on a voluntary basis and is only used in accordance with the consent we receive from you.
How we collect electronic information
When you visit certain pages of our website, our servers send "cookies". Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser. Our servers also record your IP address (IP stands for Internet Protocol, a number that locates you in cyberspace). Such electronic personal information is transmitted to us automatically.
Cookies are saved, for a limited period of time, on your computer's hard drive. Cookies enable us to retain certain important information about your use of our website, including the date of your last visit to the website, the pages you visit, the files you download and the type of browser you use. Overall, cookies help us to determine the number of people who visit our website and the frequency of these visits. They also allow us to personalize content, respond to your requests regarding products and services, and keep you informed about new products. This way, we can improve our website and its services.
If you do not want to receive cookies, the "help" function on the toolbar on most web browsers will instruct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have your browser notify you when you receive new cookies and how to disable cookies altogether.
Important: if you refuse all cookies, you will not be able to use the Cirque Club services that require registration. Cookies enable you to take full advantage of some of our website's best features, so we recommend that you keep them enabled.
How we use, communicate and save your personal information
We use personal information collected through our website to respond to your requests for certain services (for example, a Cirque Club registration or newsletter subscription), to help us efficiently perform transactions, to deliver the tickets and/or other products and/or services you have requested or purchased through this website, to perform quality assurance, sales analyses and other business analyses, to contact you in connection with shows for which you have purchased tickets, to confirm a show, to notify you if there are changes to a show (including postponed and cancelled shows) and to send you specific information about Cirque du Soleil.
We maintain personal information only for as long as is it is necessary or useful, or as required by law. We have also established conservation and destruction policies for personal information which are not required by law to maintain.
We may use your IP address and your e-mail address for a variety of purposes, including:
- to estimate the number of web surfers in certain countries or regions of the world that visit our website;
- to fix Internet service problems pointed out by our users or by our information technologies supervisors; or
- to send you information and updates about activities, privileges, promotional offers, products and services offered by Cirque du Soleil or its sponsors.
Your personal information will not be shared with anyone without your consent, except in the event your behaviour on our website violates our Terms and Conditions and for the following exceptions:
- To related corporate entities of Cirque du Soleil;
- To Apple Corps Limited and its affiliates and other related entities, if you have requested information about The Beatles;
- To Angel Productions Worldwide Inc., if you have requested information about Criss Angel Believe;
- To Fondation One Drop, if you have requested information about One Drop;
- To Cité des arts du cirque, if you have requested information about la TOHU;
- To École Nationale du Cirque, if you have requested information about the school's program and activities; or
- To governmental agencies in order to satisfy regulatory or legal requirements.
If you have requested information about third parties as aforementione , Cirque du Soleil will provide such third parties with the personal information you have provided us. Your personal information will then be used by said parties to provide you with offers, products, promotions and services related to their respective activities.
Personal information collected by organizations other than Cirque du Soleil
Our website contains advertising and content provided by third parties who may from time to time associate themselves with Cirque du Soleil for the presentation of shows or for any other activitiy. Our website also includes hyperlinks to such third parties' websites. These third parties have personal information protection policies that may differ from the one you are currently reading. If you purchase tickets, other products or services from these third parties, Cirque du Soleil is not responsible for the manner in which your personal information may be used by said third parties.
Management of your personal information
Your information is managed by Cirque du Soleil Customer Service employees in Montréal, Province of Québec, Canada. You may contact them at any time, by mail, by telephone or by using the Contact Us section of the website. A Customer Service representative may contact you to verify and correct, if necessary, the personal information you have provided.
You may contact us to request access to personal information we hold about you. Your request may be accepted or denied on the basis of any applicable laws. Also, if you wish that we discontinue the use of your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com.
If you submit personal information, including your résumé, through the Cirque du Soleil Recruitment section, the following additional conditions shall apply. By submitting the information you agree to these conditions:
- We may use any information that you supply to us throughout our website for the purpose of employment consideration or response to your inquiry, as well as providing the information to third parties who work with us and who might consider you for employment or be able to respond to your inquiry.
- We may choose to contact former employers and/or references and/or verify information provided to us by you, with or without providing advance notice to you.
- After an offer of employment is made, we may request that you submit verification of your legal right to work in the location of employment, and the offer will be conditional on your having such right.
Cirque Club Subscription
We wish to remind you that the personal information you provide us with is on a voluntary basis and is only used in accordance with the consent we receive from you when subscribing to Cirque Club. To cancel your membership, just log in to Cirque Club, click ‘Update My Profile,’ and then click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the page.
www.cirquedusoleil.com website is owned and managed by this company:
Cirque du Soleil
8400, 2nd Avenue