La NoubaDe naam van de voorstelling La Nouba is ontleend aan de Franse uitdrukking 'faire la nouba,' dat 'feesten' of 'de bloemetjes buiten zetten' betekent. Het is een wereld waarin droom en werkelijkheid door elkaar heen lopen wanneer de stad en het circus elkaar op het podium ontmoeten. Met een combinatie van acrobatische kunsten, een verbluffende choreografie, eigenaardige personages en livemuziek prikkelt La Nouba onze verbeelding van begin tot eind. Alleen te zien in het Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, VS.
Vaste show in Walt Disney World® Resort - Downtown Disney, Orlando, FLMeer info
- La Nouba premiered in Orlando on December 23, 1998. It was the third resident show created after Mystere and “O” in Las Vegas.
- La Nouba comes from the French phrase “faire la nouba,” which means to party, to live it up.
- The 1,671-seat theater is the first freestanding permanent structure ever built for Cirque du Soleil. Set Designer Michel Crête of Cirque du Soleil, Michel Aubé of Scéno Plus, Walt Disney Imagineering, and the architects of the Rockwell group of New York collaborated on the overall design of the building.
- The ground level to the top of the masts measures 152 ft.
- The under stage level (ground level) to the top of the fly space measures 100 ft
- There are 1730 audio cables – if placed end to end they would span 865,000 ft or 164 miles.
- Over 1200 lighting fixtures are used for each performance of La Nouba
- The Cirque du Soleil Boutique located at the plaza level next to the box office was redesigned in May of 2010.
- There are 14 countries represented in the 67-member cast of La Nouba.
- The average age of the La Nouba cast is 33.
- The cast is made up of funambulists, dancers, tumblers, trapeze performers, a juggler, clowns, actors, acro-gymnasts, cyclists, musicians, vocalists, skippers and circus artists.
- Approximately 1/3 of the cast is original to the show.
- Alexander Danilchenko (trampoline artist) has not missed a show since it opened in 1998.
- Just how fast paced is the PowerTrack/Trampoline number at La Nouba? In seven minutes and thirty seconds you see 394 Flips and 62 Twists!
- Six musicians play 22 instruments in the show.
- The wardrobe department handles over 3000 costumes and headpieces every day. Most of the 67 artists performing in La Nouba wear three different costumes per show.
- The wardrobe department does about 26 loads of laundry per show day.
- On top of doing ten shows a week, most of the artists train regularly. The Flying Trapeze team trains three times a week.
- When La Nouba first opened to the public, it did not feature the Cycles act, which was added shortly after opening. In 2010, a Juggling act and a Skipping Ropes act were added as well and all are integral to the show.