IT ALL STARTED TODAY WITH THE SET-UP OF THE GRAND CHAPITEAU AND THE CIRQUE DU SOLEIL VILLAGE
Premieres Wednesday, June 29 under the blue-and-yellow
Grand Chapiteau at United Center (Lot K)
ADDITIONAL AND FINAL THREE WEEKS ON-SALE FOR CIRQUE CLUB MEMBERS
The first visible sign of the return of Cirque du Soleil and its live production OVO in Chicago is the raising of its trademark blue-and-yellow Grand Chapiteau and the Cirque du Soleil village. The event took place this afternoon at United Center (Lot K) where a team of 60-plus men and women hoisted more than 100 steel poles from the ground up.
A few technical facts about the Grand Chapiteau and the Cirque du Soleil Village:
- The Grand Chapiteau stands 66 feet high and is 167 feet in diameter.
- 550 pegs are required to hold the Grand Chapiteau firmly to the 4,800 square feet of asphalt and the 4 masts stand at 80 feet tall each.
- The Grand Chapiteau can accommodate more than 2,600 people.
- The entire site set-up includes installation of entrance, hospitality and rehearsal tents, box office, administrative offices and kitchen.
- The Grand Chapiteau, the Tapis Rouge and Artistic tents are all climate controlled with air conditioning in warm seasons or heating for colder seasons.
- OVO travels via 61 trailers carrying more than 1,000 tons of equipment for the tour.
Final three weeks of performances has been announced and are on sale for Cirque Club Members. OVO will now be in town from June 29 through August 21 inclusively. Tickets for all shows are now available as of through www.cirquedusoleil.com/ovo or by phone at 1-800-450-1480.
Become a Cirque Club Member is simple and free! Registration is quick and simple at cirqueclub.com. Advantages for Cirque Club members include advanced access to the best seats under the Grand Chapiteau, ticket upgrades, partner promotions and insider information on the world of Cirque du Soleil.
Family 4 Packs are available for the following performances: Tuesday through Thursday, Friday 4 and 8 p.m. and Sunday 1 and 5 p.m. These include 2 adult and 2 child tickets starting at $150 plus applicable charges. Visit www.cirquedusoleil.com/ovo for more info.
As part of the Cirque du Soleil village, a box office will be set up at the front of the Grand Chapiteau. As of Wednesday, June 29, between 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., tickets for OVO may be purchased in person.
Regular box office hours starts 2 hours prior to show time and runs 30 minutes after the beginning of the show. It is closed on Mondays.
Performance schedule: Tuesdays through Thursdays at 8 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays at 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.; Sundays at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.; and dark on Mondays. Exceptions: No 4 p.m. performance on Friday July 1st; 4 p.m. performance on Thursday July 21; dark on Tuesday July 19.
Cirque du Soleil gratefully acknowledges iShares®, Presenting Sponsor of the US Tour of OVO as well as Infiniti, CGI, XEROX, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Sun Life Financial and American Express as the Official Sponsors.
For information and photo about Cirque du Soleil and OVO, please visit http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/pressroom
Beth Silverman - The Silverman Group
Tel.: 312.932.9950 Email: email@example.com