To create over 260 costumes for Corteo’s cast, Costume Designer Dominique Lemieux set out to accentuate the natural beauty of the artists.
- She used more than 900 different fabrics, concentrating on natural fibres such as silks, linens, cottons and lace in a subtle colour palette that includes blues, pinks, fuchsia and gold with appliquéd spangles and jewels.
- Many of the fabrics were dyed and airbrushed to give them a patina of age.
- Every show day, 12 to 16 hours of ironing is needed to prepare the costumes.
- There are 40 angels in Corteo and 4 types of angels: Arc Angels, Little Angels, Grand Angels and Auguste Angels.
- The smallest shoe size in the show is a children’s size 3 and the largest is an 18 EEE.