HEAD OF SOUND (BigTop)
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference.
Reporting to the Technical Director and in collaboration with the Artistic Director, the Head of Sound will be a highly motivated individual who is inspired and keen to contribute to and improve the show quality & technical operations of the show.
· Manage and oversee sound operations;
· Act as sound-desk operator during rehearsals and performances;
· Ensure that sound systems function smoothly during performances;
· Work in close collaboration with the Band Leader and band;
· With the Sound Designer, ensure the sound concept is respected;
· Apply corrective measures as required by the Sound Designer;
· Ensure the safety of sound equipment at all times;
· Ensure the sound team and technical personnel (Cirque employees and supernumerary staff) respect standards and regulations regarding the safety of sound equipment, and apply safe work methods;
· Train and supervise sound technicians;
· Develop and update training and succession programs to ensure continuity of sound operations during performance runs;
· Inspect and maintain sound equipment, and keep records of inspections and alterations;
· Keep sound archives, stock lists, technical documentation and customs documents up to date;
· Seek out, order or purchase new or replacement sound equipment as per the company’s procurement policies;
· Coordinate activities and supervise personnel during the Tear-Down and Set-up of lighting equipment;
· Ensure the sound equipment is correctly installed and is consistent with the sound design;
· Participate in the Tear-Down and Set-up;
· Support the Technical Director by taking part in the process of hiring new technicians, managing team budgets and projecting capital expenditures;
· Participate in team meetings;
· Respect and support procedures and requirements set by Cirque du Soleil with regard to managing equipment and stock;
· Use the tools and procedures provided to manage inventory and equipment data;
· Follow requirements defined by the customs and logistics departments for transporting equipment with touring shows;
· Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the Technical Director.
· Flexibility, autonomy, team player;
· Good communication skills;
· Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
· Ability to work high above the ground (climbing abilities an asset);
· Knowledge of Microsoft software for Window;
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; any additional language spoken and/or written is an asset;
· Available to travel in foreign countries a 100% of the time.