Cirque du Soleil's OVO is a full-time touring show in search of talent across North America. Take your talents on the road and join us on tour in this exciting opportunity!
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting operationally to the Company Manager and functionally to the Senior Manager – Public Relations & Social Media, the Publicist acts as a PR expert and works closely with the Manager – Sales & Marketing to develop, plan, coordinate and implement Public Relations strategies and activities in each market visited by the show to support the marketing campaign in reaching ticket sales objectives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the show’s public image and all its communication initiatives;
- Select, manage and train local PR firms in each market visited by the show to ensure strong media coverage (Big Top publicists managing up to six PR firms simultaneously; Arena publicists, up to 20);
- In collaboration with the local PR firm, develop show-related and market-specific PR strategies and initiatives to support the marketing campaign in reaching sales objectives;
- In Promoter markets, guide the Promoter in developing impactful PR strategies and ensure the brand image is respected in all initiatives;
- Develop and fine-tune captivating story angles and stunt appearances to diversify and maximize media/influencer coverage opportunities in all markets and nationally;
- In collaboration with the local PR firm, adapt PR initiatives and overall approach to each market reality and local cultural context for bigger impact;
- Plan and coordinate advance media events in future markets;
- Serve as on-site contact for media visits and other PR activities;
- Coordinate all media interviews and PR activities with cast and crew members;
- Manage the show’s Facebook page—private messages, engagement and fan base;
- In collaboration with the Montreal-based Social Media team, produce, create and strategize content for Cirque du Soleil social media platforms;
- In collaboration with MARCOM and TSD Sales & Marketing team, manage and coordinate video and photo content creation involving artists;
- In collaboration with the Corporate PR Department, manage on-the-ground crisis communications when needed;
- In collaboration with the Manager – Sales & Marketing, support direct marketing initiatives;
- Serve as a spokesperson for the tour and company;
- Serve as a liaison to all Cirque du Soleil departments to coordinate potential activities for artists;
- Serve as the Marketing Department contact on tour for marketing, social media, corporate alliances, group and corporate sales, and promotional initiatives and activities;
- Host VIP guests and celebrities;
- Coordinate media training for tour personnel as needed or requested;
- Manage ticket requests for media and VIP house seats;
- Gain knowledge of live entertainment industry and touring shows.
- Provide the Manager – Sales & Marketing, as well as the PR and Social Media Senior Manager, with regular updates on ongoing activities in each market;
- Provide the tour with relevant information regarding PR initiatives and take part in tour meetings when deemed appropriate.
- Create and update artist bios as needed;
- Update press materials as needed;
- Manage and track artists’ participation in media activities to ensure contract and promotional guidelines are respected;
-Structure and update PR budget for each market while ensuring payment to artists, etc.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- University degree in marketing, communications or public relations;
- Minimum five years of experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the major social media platforms;
- Team spirit;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Insight and analytical skills;
- Organizational and priority-management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to multitask;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) for Windows applications;
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written; French is an asset;
- Availability to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Learn and grow within our international environment.