Automation Technician - O
Part-Time Position - Show Operator
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through Workday via the MGM career website.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Responsible for working as part of the automation team to install, maintain and operate automated show elements and systems in a safe and consistent manner for the business. You will work as an automation console operator and assist with strategies for a safe working environment at all times.
Specific Job Functions:
- Competently assemble, construct, maintain and operate all automation equipment as needed for training, special events, rehearsals and performances.
- Learn and operate automation cues consistently and diligently during performances.
- Assist with the automation of stage equipment including rigging, lighting, sound, automation, scenery, props, etc. during training, staging, rehearsals and performances.
- Work as a team member in the automation department and in collaboration with: Carpentry, Properties, Electrics, Sound, Rigging, Wardrobe and Stage Management.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all automation equipment specific to O in order to operate and maintain mechanized and manual equipment safely.
- Assist with the establishment of a safe working environment at all times and conform to all safety standards.
- Available and flexible for day work schedules, work calls, special events, rehearsal, training, maintenance and evening show performances.
- Participate in the regular, thorough and diligent inspection of all installations.
- Assist with the automation department documentation to insure it is current and formally recorded to preserve the original intention of the designers.
- Participate in the documentation of all system and show cue changes and keep a log of all maintenance and regular inspections.
- Act as a professional stage technician with ready access to required hand tools.
- Under the supervision of the Department Supervisor, insure that equipment and supplies are stocked in sufficient quantity to insure the ongoing needs of the production.
- Support the creative team with patience and understanding.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned to you by the Department Supervisor.
- Participate in special projects including the research, purchase and installation of specialty automation related gear.
- Attend to maintenance and inspection of all automation systems, automated equipment, aircraft cable, fall arrest, rescue operations, on a regular schedule to insure thorough, timely scrutiny of all gear within the automation area.
- Assist with the preservation of the on going; long term “opening night” quality and artistic integrity of the production.
- As required by the Department Supervisor, operate the automation control console professionally during sets ups, rehearsals and performances as assigned.
- Assist with the development of special projects including the research, purchase and installation of specialty automation related gear.
- Participate in helpful, respectful and clear communication with other crew, stage management, and production management.
- Ensure the safety and security of equipment and installations at all times.
- Participate on all company required training classes including; OSHA 10, Fall Protection, Heart Saver, Lock out/Tag out etc…Assist with the Load In, Performance and Load Out of all events inside the Theater.
- Participate in emergency procedure training and practices.
- All other duties as assigned by the Department Supervisor.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as an Automation stage technician in the field of live stage performance.
- Must be proficient in the installation and repair of automation related gear.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Should have computer knowledge.
- Professional automation and hydraulic experience both in repairs and installations.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills, be self motivated and, highly organized.
- Knowledge of OSHA health and safety protocols a definite asset