Head of Wardrobe – Touring Shows
*To be eligible for consideration, please note that you must provide an English version of your resume. We are in search of talent around the world and currently accepting applications in the United Kingdom.
Cirque du Soleil is undergoing a period of growth and we are actively seeking experienced wardrobe professionals to expand our Head of Wardrobe candidate pool for our international touring shows!
- Cirque du Soleil tours in over 60 countries and over 450 cities across the world;
- Saltimbanco, one of Cirque du Soleil’s longest running touring productions, featured 6,000 performances to over 14 million spectators across the span of 20 years;
- Our tour crew continuously surpasses their limits to ensure that the show goes on.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Head of Wardrobewill travel full-time with a Cirque du Soleil touring show, ensuring that costume items are maintained and that the original show concept is upheld.
More specifically you will:
- Manage both costume and human resources of the department critical to the show, act as a liaison for your discipline and ensure support for your technicians;
- Oversee the preparation of wardrobe areas for artists;
- Supervise and assist artists with hairstyling and make-up application;
- Prepare and monitor the costume budget and all expenditures;
- Oversee costume lifecycles and anticipate needs in costume changes/modifications, communicate priorities and orders, and ensure the delivery of costume elements on tour;
- Supervise and participate in the daily maintenance of wigs, costumes, shoes.
We hope you will bring:
- Relevant experience on large-scale productions in the entertainment industry;
- Sewing skills;
- Personnel management experience, an asset;
- Holder of a valid passport and willingness to tour internationally year-round;
- Fluency in English, fundamental.
Submit your resume and embark on the Cirque du Soleil journey around the world!