Partnership and contracts negotiation manager –
Tour Planning Regular position
Are you ready to take the plunge?
The Cirque du Soleil Group has experienced a whole series of acrobatics and contortions in recent months. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after perilous somersaults.
So our hearts beat very hard at the idea of rebuilding our business and dreaming about its grandiose future. Do you have the daring we need to rise to the challenge? By joining us, you will be working in unknown territory, but where you can make a real difference.
As an ambassador for Cirque du Soleil, you will develop new partnerships, maintain old ones and negotiate terms and conditions with promoters for our big top and arena shows. In collaboration with the Senior Director and Tour Planning Manager, you will be an ace at building profitable business proposals and develop excellent business relations with the promoters.
You will be known for
- Building profitable business proposals and negotiate terms and conditions with promoters;
- Draft contracts based on the terms and conditions negotiated with promoters and any other documents pertaining to the legal and contractual aspects of the department's activities (contracts, letters, appendices, summary of contracts, schedule of deliverables);
- Work in close collaboration with the other departments to ensure operations are integrated in the contracts, and with the legal department for final validation of the documents;
- Maintain good business relations with our strategic partners;
- Developing new partnerships in new markets;
- Managing contract issuance priorities within the department and ensure the process is well monitored;
- Schedule meetings with promoters to negotiate certain legal matters;
- Working in close collaboration with your peers within Tour Planning and Site Development and all other Cirque stakeholders involved in our touring Show operations (immigration, customs, fiscal, logistics, corporate alliances, marketing, insurance), including the legal department for final validation of the documents;
- Managing kick-offs and post mortems of all promoter markets;
- Updating and distributing the Performance Service Agreement’s weekly status update;
- Overseeing with the legal department, the creation of contract models in the effort to standardize best practices amongst the different Show types.
We want to meet you if you have
- A Law Degree;
- At least five years of experience in contract management, ideally in the entertainment industry;
- Previous experience in negotiation is a major asset;
- Previous international experience in entertainment is an asset;
- Ability to communicate and negotiate in both French and English;
- Good organizational and priority-management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.