Expected start date : June 2019
(Subject to change)
The position will be on a touring show with a temporary assignment at the Headquarters in Montreal for the duration of the creation.
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As the Head Coach of this new tour, you will be responsible for all aspects of the show’s acrobatic performance, from ensuring the quality of daily acrobatic performances to the continual safeguarding & management of risks associated with human performance, including the acrobatic content, use of equipment and movement techniques.
You will be known for the following:
- Coaching expertise: planning & overseeing all aspects related to the content of the acrobatic training & stage performance, including warm ups, physical conditioning, workload & recovery, training schedule, rotation & show performance.
- Creating an artist-centered environment: in close collaboration with artists, through observing & adjusting acrobatic execution, sharing knowledge & experience, optimizing learning techniques, you will play a strategic role in helping artists develop to their full potential & maintain the acrobatic level of their act.
- Coaching leadership: your knowledge in sports science & performance management will be key to enhancing artists’ capabilities, identifying challenges and developing driven action plans.
- Proactive team player: in promoting a cohesive work environment and meeting shared objectives within the show’s greater artistic team, gather and share information with colleagues in the artistic direction team, performance medicine, the show’s artist captainship, as well as the Cirque’s senior coaching team.
- Performance risk management: participate in analyzing & elaborating measures, in addition to making recommendations to manage risks associated with human performance.
- Precise documentation: contribute to ensuring a complete history of performance observations, evaluations, program initiatives & incident or accident reports are appropriately transcribed and maintained.
We would like to meet you if you have these qualifications:
- University degree in physical activity sciences or a combination of education and experience in physical activity, dance, sports, movement or circus arts;
- Pertinent experience in a similar position;
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in group management (athletes and/or coaches) and training planning (long-term development); knowledge and/or experience in circus arts/disciplines an asset;
- Adventure-seeking, challenge-driven influencer;
- Availability to tour full-time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits.
You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Be surrounded by talented people and learn new things;
- See joy on the faces of audiences.