Intern Position - Winter
Anticipated Start Date: February 6, 2020
Can you imagine jump-starting your career in an internship that encourages you to challenge the status quo? Do you want to be part of the next generation of talent Cirque du Soleil is known for? Are you ready to take the skills you've learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world hands-on work experience? That's what we're looking for in our next Company Manager Intern. Our interns are a part of Cirque du Soleil.
As a Stage Management Intern you will:
· Gain hands-on experience to develop skills and gain knowledge about the operations of the production company;
· Learn more about your field of study and your career goals while establishing a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references;
· Gain insight into the key competencies, skills, and work characteristics employers seek;
· Be expected to follow all employee guidelines, policies and procedures as well as act in a professional manor;
· Be required to meet all mandatory assignments/projects and readings issued by your manager;
· Be expected to do all other duties as assigned by your manager.
*** To be considered for this internship you must attach an essay to your cover letter and resume when applying for the position. ***
The essay requirement is:
· Minimum 300 words;
· How would a Stage Management Internship with Cirque du Soleil help meet your future goals and what distinguishes you from other applicants?
To be considered for this internship, you MUST meet all of the below requirements:
· Ability to work in the US without immigration sponsorship from Cirque du Soleil; NO EXCEPTIONS
· The ability to participate the entire length of the internship program (currently 12 consecutive weeks);
· Hold enough credits within your college or university to be classified as either a Junior or Senior;
o Exception – Current MFA or graduate program students also qualify.
· The ability to receive college credit for the internship is appreciated;
o Exception – you may apply for an internship during the semester or quarter immediately following graduation only.
· Have a 3.0 G.P.A (cumulative or within your degree program);
· Application must include the following two components:
o Resume containing relevant work experience (theatre work)
o Essay composed of at least 300 words addressing the topic “How would an internship with Cirque du Soleil help you meet your future goals and what distinguishes you from other applicants?”
Other requirements of Cirque du Soleil internships:
· Willing to work in Las Vegas, NV;
· Willing to work on weekends, nights and holidays as needed or required;
· Ability to provide your own transportation and housing while participating in the internship;
· Ability to live or provide for your own means on a minimum wage;
· Ability to communicate in English;
· Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to live or provide for your own means on NV minimum wage of $10 per hour pay rate.