Head of Tent
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Maintain the integrity of the big top, other tents, and related equipment in accordance with Cirque du Soleil policies;
- Plan and supervise the setup and tear-down of the big top and tents, in cooperation with the Director – Site Operations;
- Document and activate emergency procedures in cooperation with the Manager;
- Manage equipment and maintenance according to programs and procedures set by Cirque du Soleil.
- Ensure the safety of patrons, personnel and operations on site;
- Manage tent operations and resources (up to 40 persons during setup and tear-down);
- Participate and advice preparing pre-marking plans;
- Hire, supervise and coach the assistant Head of Tent Operations and the tent technician in cooperation with the Manager.
- Manage the maintenance and repairs program for the big top and tents according to plans and procedures specified by Cirque du Soleil;
- Plan, manage and participate in big top and tent modification projects (purchasing of materials, equipment and the financial follow up of these);
- Manage and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Participate in performance evaluations of employees under your supervision;
- Participate in the budget preparation and follow-up; Manage the continuing education of tent employees and manage cross trainings for - other team members;
- Manage the fly-ins and local supernumerary staff during setup and tear-down.
- Remain on call for emergencies.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- College diploma or equivalent;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Personnel management experience;
- Project management experience an asset;
- A minimum of four to six years' experience in a similar position;
- Experience in reading technical plans is essential;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD an asset;
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure;
- Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential;
- Available to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;