Note: This job posting is to fill a temporary position on one the MSC cruise ships. If you are hired for this position, you will be an employee of our partner, MSC Cruises. This means you will be on their company payroll and will comply with their employment policies. Also note that this position involves working and living aboard a cruise ship for 6 to 9 months with possibilities of renewal.
Our partner, MSC Cruises, is looking for a Head of Wardrobe to join the team aboard the MSC Meraviglia. You will be reporting to the on-board Technical Director, and will be required to establish and maintain the safety and consistency of all wardrobe elements.
· Ensure the proper maintenance, repair and fitting of costumes, hats, masks, shoes and other accessories;
· Supervise and assist artists with hair and make-up;
· Maintain and update the costume plot, inventories, purchase records and associated documentation;
· Assist with the integration of new costume elements into the production;
· Replace other technicians at different positions during shows;
· Work with the technical team to develop and maintain a safe working environment;
· Work with artists and stage management staff to support their needs during rehearsals, trainings and performances;
· Maintain a safe working environment at all times;
· Perform any other task requested by the Technical Director.
· Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in live entertainment productions;
· Certified diploma in costume design and/or sewing;
· Working knowledge of computer;
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; the applicant should be able to pass a CEFR Level A1 English examination;
· Be authorized and available to tour full time aboard a ship and to work in foreign countries.
· Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
· Good communication skills;
· Flexibility, autonomy, team-spirited.
Cirque du Soleil at Sea
MSC Cruises, in partnership with Cirque du Soleil, offers its guests, in a purpose-built entertainment venue, Cirque du Soleil at Sea exclusive shows, on-board the Meraviglia fleet.
MSC Cruises is the world’s fourth largest cruise line and largest privately-owned cruise company, and market leader in the Mediterranean, South America and South Africa.