This is an On Call Position
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
NOTE #4 - This position is On Call.
You will be responsible for working as a dresser on the wardrobe team, running show tracks and maintaining costumes and accessories in a safe and consistent manner for Mystère.
Specific Job Functions:
- Launder show costumes; including machine washing, hand wash, spot cleaning
- Use chemicals to clean and correct stains on show costumes, within proper safety standards
- Perform basic maintenance on stretch as well as natural fiber costumes
- Be available to dress actors for large production show, includes standing for long periods, working in dimly lit spaces, climbing to dressing platforms and retrieving costumes when needed
- Work with large groups of actors and acrobats in dark and at times cramped spaces. A professional ‘people oriented’ person is required.
- Should have a minimum of 3 years experience as a wardrobe attendant within the field of live stage performance
- Have experience in use of industrial sewing machine, serger and other wardrobe related machinery and hand tools, or, specialized craft skills such as millinery, painting, hairdressing or makeup application
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Hand sewing skill and a sewing, repair and maintenance background necessary
- Must possess strong inter-personal skills
- Should be self motivated, organized and flexible to change and take direction well