Cirque du Soleil is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. Life at Cirque is about creating wonderment with colleagues of enlightening talent and to do so, at nothing less than the speed of light. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, sometimes shift trajectories, always have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves, to reach for and to meet new challenges.
This position will report directly to Cirque du Soleil's Senior Vice President of Resident Shows and additional oversight and guidance will be provided by the Vice President of Finance/Corporate Controller in our Montreal Office. The Finance Director position will provide leadership, expertise, and support to Cirque du Soleil's operating leaders of the Resident Shows Division. The position will ensure that plans, forecasts and investment analyses are insightful and comprehensive, taking into account both objective and subjective considerations.
The ideal candidate will be viewed as a trusted business advisor and must demonstrate excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, be highly organized, self-motivated, and solution-oriented problem-solver with the ability to handle a variety of tasks independently and efficiently. Additionally, this individual must be energetic, ethical, and desire a challenging work environment.
The Finance Director will work as a key liaison between the finance and accounting teams and the different Operational functions in order to bring sound financial analysis and decision-making support.
In this pivotal role, the Finance Director will:
· Ensure a link from various source operating systems to financial systems (Revenues: ticketing, retail, food & beverage and other; Systems: Payroll, Payables, Capital expenditures, expense reports);
· Document and train new users on operating systems confirming internal controls are adhered;
· Assist in implementing and improving financial systems, tools, and methods;
· Ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures. (Sales Tax & accounting rules);
· Lead the monthly accounting entries for operations to reflect P&L under GAAP;
· Provides finance support for the development of new tools and methods to support internal customers;
· Liaison with the IHQ finance team for all statutory reports regarding the corresponding US legal entities under his/her responsibility;
· Assesses risk of new projects and potential impact on stakeholders' value;
Budgeting and Forecasting:
· Lead budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting for functional areas;
· Partner with business leaders in creating budgets and forecasts, and informing bilaterally cross functional leadership of key drivers;
· Transform financial data into concise and accurate decision-making information;
· Prepare and manage annual budgets, monthly forecasts of revenue and expenses, capital, and cash flow.
Analysis & Performance Management:
· Manage and lead financial analysis (I.e. revenue, cost, profit, cash flow, balance sheet, pricing, capital investment);
· Work with Executive team to evaluate business performance from strategic, operational and financial perspectives;
· Review and explain significant account variances when comparing actual, budgets, and forecasts;
· Provide financial analysis and diligence assistance in acquisitions, joint ventures, and other new business opportunities.
· Prepare monthly variance analysis, operating statistics, and presentation material;
· Work with the different Department managers to develop various monthly and annual budget presentations;
· Perform trend analysis with respect to key metrics;
· Provide both financial and non-financial reporting to ensure that managers have valid, current information to enable both strong financial ownership and appropriate inputs to the decision-making processes.
Leading and Directing Others:
· Implement processes, techniques and tools that optimize the effectiveness of the operating teams and result in quality deliverables;
· Evaluate performance and completion of initiatives;
· Influence and impact operational behaviors to achieve financial targets
Professional & Technical Competencies:
• Must be able to prepare budgets, forecasts, cash flow statements and sources and uses of funds;
• Must be comfortable working with remote teams, leadership and management functions;
• Must be able to independently plan and conduct non-routine financial analysis/reporting projects, develop scenarios/sensitivity analysis and consult effectively on highly technical projects;
• Must possess PC skills with Microsoft products such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint;
• Must have excellent written and oral communication, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Inspires commitment by motivating others to perform at their best and rewarding performance excellence;
• Results-orientated leader who aligns resources to accomplish key objectives; assigns clear accountability for important objectives; sets the performance bar at the highest standard of excellence.
Ideally, you will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
· CPA or CMA is recommended;
· Ten+ years of progressively responsible work experience in financial analysis and management;
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, Access);
· Advanced Excel skills required;
· Ability to make decisions in light of the company's business priorities;
· Capacity to work under the pressure of deadlines
· Experience with an ERP or comparable business information system, (SAP an asset) and reporting tools (‘Longview’ is a plus);
· Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to achieve results through proactive research;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
· Fluency in English; French is an asset.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.