Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Producer, as the General Manager – Project Office and Production Services, you will be responsible for establishing the production and management quality standards for the projects under your governance. You will direct two essential sectors that support all productions, and you will be an agent of influence in the organization’s operational and strategic decisions. Your main avenues of intervention will be workforce planning, production and technical expertise and the management of creative spaces.
More specifically, you will be required to:
· Establish and apply adequate control points for the various project validation steps (EPR, milestones presentation, etc.);
· Identify and develop the project methodology, best practices and management tools;
· Work with the Talents team to develop and implement a recruitment and staffing development strategy to ensure the short-, medium- and long-term delivery capacity, based on the organization’s growth and diversification objectives;
· Develop and maintain a planning and optimization methodology for the human resources and space requirements of all projects;
· Direct operations in the creation and rehearsal spaces offered to productions and touring shows;
· Collaborate on the development of the strategic plan for the Executive Production sector, take part in its implementation, and enforce and monitor it;
· Act as resource person on behalf of the Chief Executive Producer in his absence and replace him as needed at certain meetings with internal and external partners;
· Participate in questions related to human resource management, annual budgets and the general administration of the Executive Production sector;
· Manage strategic projects at the request of the Chief Executive Producer.
· Ensure that production, technical and theatre design expertise is maintained and developed at the very highest quality standards within the project teams;
· Analyze new projects and ensure they are feasible by validating the production parameters and budgets and working with the TSD and RSD teams to establish the operating parameters and infrastructure requirements;
· Identify production and technical issues related to the projects, recommend and implement solutions for producers to offset risks;
· Direct the TDPM operations offered to the productions and touring shows;
· Participate in negotiations with the main suppliers of technical and production elements;
· Work with the various internal services to resolve issues related to the feasibility and viability of different productions.
The ideal candidate also has:
- University diploma in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience.
- MBA or Management degree (an asset)
- Significant experience (10-15 years) in show business industry
- International work experience
- Perfect level of French and English, spoken and written.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things.