This Post will serve as an aggregator for all On Call, Part Time, and Full Time Positions.
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website. Workday Links can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Run show cue tracks which might include working other technical show elements. Preset all costumes and maintain costume and related accessories for the performance.
· Attend artists trainings and show stagings when scheduled.
· Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
· Preserve the long-term integrity of costumes, shoes, hats and accessories through regular maintenance practices
· Make alterations and emergency repairs on active show pieces where needed.
· Clean and launder costumes/accessories and help with organization and cleanliness of the work space.
· Working knowledge of costume repairs, alterations and general upkeep and maintenance
· Experience is working with home/commercial sewing machines as well as strong hand sewing skills
· Working knowledge of shoe repair, painting, make-up, theatrical wigs and millinery.
· Experience working with craft specialty machines including walking foot and shoe patch machines
· Participate in special projects or PR events when needed.
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances.
· Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
· Maintain maintenance documentation and participate in rotation of duties as directed.
· Assist with the ordering, procuring and tracking of the department's expendables and equipment as needed.
· Perform other tasks and carries out projects as assigned by the Wardrobe Supervisor.
· Perform all other job related duties as requested.
You should have the following qualifications:
· At least 3 years working experience as a professional costume dresser, including experience in costume repairs for a large scale production show.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
It would be preferred if you also have:
· Previous experience working in a multi cultural group environment.
· Previous experience working in a similar theatrical setting.