Be ready to invoke the imaginary, provoke the senses and evoke the emotions of millions of people around the world.
Do you want to be a part of a unique and colorful journey? Cirque du Soleil is looking for a new Automation Technician to join the touring family for the return of his iconic show Alegría.
Reporting to the Technical Director, and working under the supervision of the Head of Automation, you will be required to:
- Act as automation equipment operator during rehearsals and performances;
- Act in an advisory capacity regarding mechanical and motorized systems;
- Ensure the safety of automation equipment at all times;
- Take part in inspecting and maintaining automation equipment, and keep records of inspections and alterations;Update automation archives;
- Participate in site load-in and load-out;
- Replace other technicians in various positions during performances, as needed;
- Apply safety standards and regulations for automation equipment, and practise safe work methods;
- Respect and support procedures and requirements set by Cirque du Soleil with regard to managing equipment and stock;
- Use the tools and procedures provided by the global equipment management team to manage inventory and equipment data;
- Follow requirements defined by the customs and logistics departments for transporting equipment with touring shows;
- Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the Technical Director or the Head of Automation.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- College diploma (or equivalent) in live entertainment, theatre production or electronics (or equivalent work experience);
- Two to three years' experience in automation systems;
- Technical knowledge of automation systems (PLC, AC motor control, slave systems, control loops, electrical systems);
- General knowledge of mechanical and electronic systems;
- General knowledge of lighting systems an asset;
- Good general understanding of all technical aspects of a show considered an asset;
- Personnel management experience an asset;
- Flexible, autonomous and team-spirited;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications for Windows;
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in French is an asset;
- Available in full time and to foreign countries.