Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference. Hold your breath and dive into the action: you are about to live an extraordinary experience!
Reporting to the Artistic Director and working under the supervision of the General Stage Manager, the Stage Manager ensures the artistic essence of our touring shows, ensuring their continuous quality, integrity and high-level performance.
· Provide support to artists and artistic staff;
· Act as liaison between artistic and technical staff;
· Prepare show line up in conjunction with the Coaching and Performance Medicine (Pmed) teams and communicate changes to the technical departments and artists;
· Provide show support both calling the show in performance and running the backstage track;
· Participate in preparation and running of rehearsals and training sessions, including calling technical cues;
· Apply, facilitate and supervise emergency measures on-stage and backstage;
· Manage the artistic tent and backstage areas in collaboration with Pmed, Wardrobe and Site teams;
· With the collaboration of the Artistic Team ensure that artists documentation in Aurora is maintained;
· Manage artist attendance sheets;
· Ensure cleanliness in the dressing rooms and supervise preparations for performances;
· Ensure the administrative follow-up concerning changes in show performers or acts is communicated and documented;
· Identify when potential cue coverage is necessary;
· Work in collaboration with the Production team and the other services on tour;
· Enforce production rules, policies and procedures – apply discipline when necessary;
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the GSM and/or AD;
· Artist integrations;
· Development and updating of stage management documentation;
· Coordination of the artistic and technical resources for the show;
· Management of show, rehearsal and training schedules;
· Application of artistic instructions;
· Elaboration and maintenance of cue sheets;
· Audio and visual recordings required by the Producer;
· Organizing the filing of video and audio material and ensure its conservation;
· All aspects of set-up and tear-down;
· Carry out the taping of video archives of performance and training.
· College diploma or equivalent in Stage Management or related field;
· Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in mid to large-scale live entertainment;
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including cross-cultural awareness, team leadership and working in a dynamic challenging environment;
· Experience calling large scale shows and aerial acrobatics in both performance and training environments;
· Knowledge of Microsoft applications in a Windows environment;
· First Aid/CRP training an asset;
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; any additional language spoken and/or written is an asset;
- Available to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.