Sales and Marketing Manager - Arena
Flexible work location: Canada or USA
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador of the Senior Sales and Marketing Director – Touring Shows, you will play a key role in achieving the business objectives of the Cirque du Soleil Touring Shows Division. Beyond strategies and action plans, it is essential that you demonstrate leadership qualities and a work method that rallies individuals around a common goal so as to maximize the team’s chances of success.
You will be known for:
- Acting as liaison between internal Cirque du Soleil teams and the local promoter;
- Approving the local promoter’s marketing strategy;
- Developing comprehensive marketing and sales strategies for touring shows;
- Achieving sales objectives, and executing, monitoring and making follow ups on marketing plans;
- With the local promoter, approving the sales strategy (ticket sales, performance schedule, scaling, etc.);
- Creating synergies between the media plan, direct marketing, special events and promotions;
- With the local promoter, creating paid marketing and sales campaigns (in relation to media) to maximize the visibility and ticket sales of each show under your responsibility;
- Liaising between the various marketing teams on tour and internal Cirque du Soleil departments (Public Relations, Box Office);
- Managing the total budget (media purchasing, promotional events and public relations) for each show under your responsibility;
- Planing the tour extension strategy;
- Reviewing and analyzing sales trends and making forecasts accordingly;
- Supervising our partners (promoters, agencies and arenas) in compliance with Cirque du Soleil brand standards;
- Managing relations with promoters, agencies and arenas, and continuously monitoring their performance;
- Finding and utilizing local third-party partnerships for each show under your responsibility;
- Managing the research and development of local strategies and business opportunities in a given region;
- Building and maintaining a network of resource people;
- Building and maintaining relationships with tour personnel and sharing marketing plans;
- Liaising with the public relations agents on tour with regard to PR activities.
We want to meet you if you have:
- University degree in marketing or communications;
- Minimum five years’ relevant experience in marketing, advertising, market launches and brand management in live entertainment;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Reliability and sense of responsibility;
- Creativity and ability to innovate;
- Sense of urgency and ability to follow up;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Fluency in English both spoken and written and French an asset;
- Availability to travel frequently.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
· Learn and grow within our international environment;
· Make a real visible difference in what you do;
· Contribute to the success of our touring shows.