Accounting Technician - Sales Taxes and Billing
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador of Corporate Accounting, you will be working with the International Headquarters’ corporate departments and other Finance departments. In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, especially the Manager and Senior Accountant, Corporate Accounting.
You will be known for:
- Preparing sales tax returns and payments for the various Canadian government authorities;
- Communicating with various sales tax consultants to produce international tax filings (USA, Europe and Australia);
- Performing various accounting entries relative to sales tax payments, refunds and compensations;
- Preparing various monthly analyses to support sales tax filings;
- Helping prepare annual audit and government sales tax audit files;
- Collaborating with the Taxation team with regard to sales taxes;
- Calculating withholding taxes for Canadian and international property income;
- Performing invoicing tasks for the International Headquarters’ corporate and creative departments;
- Creating new clients in our SAP financial system;
- Preparing weekly reports on outstanding accounts receivable and provisions for bad credit;
- Recording inter-company transactions;
- Maintaining key internal controls, in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
- Participating in various continuous improvement projects to optimize processes and reduce the production cycle time of financial information.
We want to meet you if you have:
- A college degree (DEC) in accounting;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position within a major company;
- Thoroughness, sense of responsibility and organizational skills;
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft applications, especially Excel (SAP and Longview software, an asset);
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real, visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Get involved in our community.