Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an advisor, you will work in tandem with your colleagues at the Payroll, Individual Taxation and Accounts Payable Department, as well as with the Talent Department (human resources), to determine the proper international tax implications that apply to artists and other individuals within Cirque du Soleil travelling around the world.
You will be asked to:
- Determine tax implications and deductions applicable to the earnings of artists and other individuals within Cirque du Soleil working in various countries;
- Reply to questions and requests from Payroll, Accounts Payable and Talent (human resources);
- Advise and inform artists and other individuals hired by Cirque du Soleil with regard to the various tax implications (income tax, social security and tax residency) associated with changing countries as part of their international assignment;
- Prepare compliance documents, including producing tax forms, income tax reduction or exemption requests, certificates of coverage in accordance with social security agreements and personal income tax returns as well as follow-ups on notices of assessment.
We want to meet you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration; master’s degree in taxation, an asset;
- Experience and relevant knowledge in the field of individual taxation;
- Knowledge of Canadian tax law (and tax law of other countries, an asset); also knowledge of international tax treaties and social security agreements;
- Ability to prepare tax returns for Canada and the US, an asset;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Thoroughness and good judgement;
- Fluency in French and English.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real difference with the quality of your work;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- After a meeting, go watch artists training in our studios;
- Eat at our cafeteria and enjoy our outdoor terrace during lunch time;
- Work out at our gym or go for a run in the nearby park;
- Meet creative colleagues in your everyday work;
- Get involved in the community.