Cirque du Soleil is evoking the past and taking it to new and emerging markets.
Be part of a newly formed team excited to tour in a traditional circus environment and travel together to towns, cities and countries where no other Cirque du Soleil show has gone before!
The Big Top is an integral part of Cirque’s history and it doesn’t go up by itself! There’s an exceptional team that makes it happen, and as Tent Technician, you will participate in all aspects of the set up and tear down of the show’s tents and infrastructure installations.
Your role would be to:
- Participate in all set up and tear down activities (infrastructure and show-related);
- Assist the Head of Tent in coordinating the set up and dismantlement of all tents and infrastructure installations;
- Partake in the daily inspection and maintenance of site infrastructures, includes repairing the tent canvas;
- Develop maintenance schedules in cooperation with the Head of Tent and headquarters;
- Ensure the cleanliness of site and safety of infrastructures for tour members and audiences alike;
- Assist in updating technical documentation as per headquarters standards;
- Contribute to managing all customs and logistics documentation related to infrastructure elements for international transportation in accordance with headquarters’ policies.
You will also contribute to:
- Being a team player and working with other technical teams;
- Planning temporary staff and equipment needs for set-ups, city-runs and tear-downs and assist in coordinating task assignments;
- Offering guidance in the set up and dismantling of infrastructure installations and technical equipment;
- Collaborating with team members to develop procedures and update the preventive maintenance and inspection program.
We would love to meet you if you have:
- Pertinent experience as a tent specialist in a traditional circus or other relevant environment;
- Experience in reading technical plans, working at heights and driving heavy machinery;
- Experience in emerging countries together with cultural awareness;
- Computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite savvy, an asset;
- Positive mindset and an adventure-seeking personality;
- Capacity to work well under pressure and under challenging weather conditions;
- Fluency in English; be at ease to operate within the international environment of Cirque du Soleil;
- Availability to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Be surrounded by talented people and learn new things:
- See amazement on the faces of audiences.