Assistant Stage Manager
Temporary position (Beginning October 2, 2019 and ending on December 31, 2020).
Cirque du Soleil is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the center of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. Life at Cirque is about creating wonderment with colleagues of enlightening talent and to do so, at nothing less than the speed of light. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, sometimes shift trajectories, always have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves, to reach for and to meet new challenges.
In this pivotal role, the Assistant Stage Manager will:
· Provide support to artists and artistic staff;
· Act as liaison between artistic and technical staff;
· Manage integration of new artists into production;
· Enforce production rules, policies and procedures; apply discipline when requested;
· Assist in the preparation and implementation of safety procedures;
· Manage rehearsals and training sessions as assigned;
· Ensure all equipment is in place and in working order for rehearsals and training sessions;
· Call technical cues for trainings;
· Prepare show lineup and communicate changes to the appropriate technical departments and artists;
· Manage backstage areas during show;
· Apply, facilitate and supervise emergency measures;
· Maintain the show’s records and procedures;
· Assist in the preparation of long and short term schedules;
· Manage archival recordings;
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Stage Manager and / or Artistic Director.
The ideal candidate will bring:
· College Diploma or the equivalent;
· 2 years relevant experience;
· Multicultural experience an asset;
· Experience working on various large-scale productions is a plus;
· Tour experience a definite asset;
· Fluency of Microsoft Office Package is required;
· Fluency in English written and spoken;
· Knowledge of French and/or other languages is an asset;
· Ability to work in the USA.