This post will serve as an aggregator for all On-Call, Part-Time, and Full Time Positions.
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website. Workday Links can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Automation Technicians are dedicated to providing refined luxury service in order to create lasting and favorable memories. This position executes the company’s core service standards, brand attributes, and sustainability initiatives. Job functions include supporting the automation systems to ensure show readiness and safety by performing maintenance on electrical/mechanical equipment above the stage, developing a thorough knowledge of all Automation and Control systems, maintaining inventory of spare parts and supplies, completing receiving of goods, and providing all other supporting services. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices, and procedures.
· Operate the automation control console and cue tracks in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, and maintenance operations;
· Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed by the head of automation;
· Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic and motorized equipment and systems as directed by the head of automation;
· Control machines and processes, by using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes;
· Operate mechanized devices, or equipment, by running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts and passenger vehicles;
· Update maintenance and inspection records within Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as other show specific software such as AutoCAD and TMA;
· Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures;
· Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances;
· Develop a thorough knowledge of Automation Department equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely;
· Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time;
· Participate in special projects including the installation of new automated show elements, and inter-departmental projects that include automated elements or other needs that may fall within the technician’s specialty as directed;
· Perform all other job related duties as requested.
· At least 1 year of experience operating and maintaining motion control systems and/or theater experience with high large scale productions;
· Ability to have strong metal fabrication skills such as cutting, grinding, fitting, aligning and welding;
· Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and schematics;
· Ability to have strong mechanical drafting skills;
· Working knowledge and experience with industrial machines, motors, gearboxes and related tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance;
· Working knowledge of AC\DC theory and electrical safety;
· Excellent customer service skills;
· Professional appearance and demeanor;
· Worked varied shifts, including weekends and holidays;
· High school diploma or equivalent;
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms;
· Able to lift 50 pounds;
· Ability to work in active environment requiring standing, sitting, bending, crawling, climbing, crouching, and kneeling;
· Work order based preventative based maintenance experience preferred;
· Knowledge of OSHA preferred, Maintain OSHA certification required;
· Experience using CAD software such as AutoCAD preferred;
· Strong swimming ability is a must;
· ‘Rescue Diver’ Certification is an asset - All rigging technicians must be certified up the ‘Rescue Diver’ level once hired.
132782 Automation Technician - Cirque Du Soleil (FT)
133145 Automation Technician - Cirque Du Soleil (FT)
133147 Automation Technician - Cirque Du Soleil (PT)
134471 Automation Technician - Cirque Du Soleil (PT)