Cirque du Soleil is more than a circus show creator. Over the past 30 years audiences have been our inspiration and exploring new ways of entertaining them our mission. We’ve also created unique, customized productions - large and small - expanding our creative reach to include an ice show, cruise liner performances, upside down acts, interactive installations and family entertainment centers. We’ve collaborated with international tourism and sports organizations and celebrated names in the concert industry. We’ve even reinvented our past with a new touring show and we’re taking it to markets we’ve never been to before.
Imagine what the future holds! Join us on this exhilarating adventure.
Our teams of remarkable draftspeople turn creative concepts, sketches, architectural and structural drawings, engineering calculations and even technical riders into computer-assisted 2D & 3D drawings that are constructed into show components seen by millions of spectators globally. In collaboration with designers and project managers, a draftsperson may also partake in researching material, a fabrication process and building prototypes.
Did you know that Cirque needs different expertise to be able to continually innovate and deliver elaborate designs? Your experience and knowledge may be put to contribution in one of the following areas:
· Acrobatic equipment: use your talent in mechanical engineering or industrial design and your skills in Solidworks to help design high-flying aerial apparatus, unique acrobatic walls, one-of-a-kind stage elements and/or manipulate the latest technological materials. Interested in contributing to a wheel of death or syntheticice ramps?
· Scenic elements: your proficiency in Solidworks and background in mechanical engineering or industrial design will be challenged when drawing creative set decors and atypical stage components. Stimulated by drawing a suspended upside-down dinner scene, a stage with three-asymmetrical automated moving lifts for acrobatic performances or an overhanging bike ramp?
· Theatre and architectural designs: share your architectural drafting expertise with creative, production and technical teams to render original architectural concepts into life-size structures located around the world. Have you ever used AutoCAD (2D & 3D) to draw a theatre?
· Infrastructure elements and industrial engineering: our big top shows are composed of the renowned Big Top and accompanying tents, the sophisticated VIP lounge, as well as the nomadic Box Office, Kitchen Services and repair workshops, plus all the behind the scenes components that make up our touring ecosystems. No small detail is spared in rendering them stylish, functional and safe for all.
· Integration of all the above: contribute to the puzzle of making every concept and design element work together for the enjoyment of spectators and optimal work environments for the show staff!
Cirque offers different project environments, which one stimulates you the most?
· Signature Cirque du Soleil show creation: for 12-24 months work alongside creation and production teams devoted to delivering a new and unique big top, arena or resident show.
· Innovative show/ event creation: in a continued quest to innovate and diversify our creation palette, be part of a team that explores unfamiliar concepts and immersive experiences.
· Events: participate in delivering extraordinary large- or small-scale events in fast-paced, think quick, solution-driven settings. Must have a “we can do it - let’s get it done” attitude!