NOTE #1 - This position is classified under MGM Resorts International. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in the MGM Resorts International selection process.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must apply through the MGM career website.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
· Operate the automation control console in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training, maintenance operations while preserving on a nightly, ongoing and long-term basis, the “opening night” quality of the designer’s vision and the artistic integrity of the production according to the needs of artistic, technical and company management.
· Work with the department supervisor and the artistic and stage management staff to support their needs during rehearsals, trainings and performances.
· Ensure that all departmental personnel are adequately and appropriately trained according to the guidelines established by the company and management as well as official agencies regulating safety and training requirements.
· Establish emergency procedures for show systems and situations with the department supervisor, technical management, stage management and the rest of the technical team and ensure that all artists, technicians and staff are familiar with and trained on all pertinent procedures and equipment.
· Work with the department supervisor to establish and maintain training and backup plans to ensure continuity of performance operations of the department in the event of unexpected failure of a system, component or piece of equipment.
· Ensure that all departmental personnel adhere to and enforce company and departmental policies.
· Oversee all departmental task lists and crew scheduling; including day maintenance, rehearsal and training and show calls with the guidance of the department supervisor and technical management.
· Assist in the development and implementation of preventative maintenance routines and inspections – particularly life safety and show critical – for all departmental equipment as well as equipment that may not be directly owned by the company but has significance to the show and a relationship to the department’s function; ensure that these routines and inspections are appropriately documented.
· Under the direction of the department supervisor and technical management, ensure all departmental designs, equipment, systems, functions, procedures, show tracks, maintenance and inspections logs, special projects, etc. are properly and adequately documented using standard tools including TMA and other computer tools, drawings, photographs, logs, spreadsheets and other methods that may be appropriate; creation and design intent should be documented as well as on-going changes to the show.
· Ensure all aspects of all documentation created and/or maintained by the department are up-to-date.
· With the department supervisor, coordinate and supervise special projects including the research, purchase, installation, testing, troubleshooting, integration and ongoing maintenance and inspection of all equipment and systems required for rehearsal, training and show applications as well as inter- or intra-departmental needs.
· At the discretion of the department supervisor, assist in managing and supervising certain administrative aspects of the department.
· Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show.
· Maintain a safe working environment at all times by enforcing and conforming to established safety policies and procedures including the enforcement of fall protection protocols; the use of personal protective equipment; safe handling of tools, equipment and hazardous substances; and the promotion of respect for the dangers of the working environment.
· Coordinate with other departments to ensure safe training, rehearsal and show environments and operations.
· Be familiar with all and, in some cases, able to operate cue tracks within your department
· Supervise departmental operations and coordinate departmental activities in the absence of the department supervisor.
· Performs all other job-related duties as requested.
· At least 18 years of age.
· OSHA 30 Certification.
· Previous Supervisor experience.
· Previous experience working on a large-scale production show.
· At least 1 year of experience running show cue tracks.
· At least 2 years of experience as a stage automation operator.
· Ability to operate or train to operate various lifts and heavy equipment.
· Working knowledge of power tools, hand tools, and electrical meter skills as well as electrical troubleshooting and repair.
· Working knowledge of installing and maintaining related systems and equipment.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to have organizational skills and computer skills.
· Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Design Software: AutoCAD and Solidworks, Operational Software, Echameleon as well as internet research and Windows-based PC System knowledge and definite asset.
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
· Ability to project management skills.
· Working knowledge of basic mechanics, electricity and electronics.
· Previous standard theatrical construction technique experience.
· Previous experience of working with Schematics, TAIT/Stagetech systems and Software.
· Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.