Cirque du Soleil's OVO is a full-time touring show in search of talent across North America. Take your talents on the road and join us on tour in this exciting opportunity!
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Act as rigging equipment operator during rehearsals and performances;
- Ensure that all rigging equipment functions smoothly during rehearsals and performances;
- Ensure the safety of rigging installations at all times;
- Take part in inspecting, maintaining, altering and repairing rigging equipment;
- Implement and document a safety inspection program for rigging equipment, and ensure it is applied;
- Update rigging archives;
- Supervise supernumerary staff during load-in and load-out;
- Take part in the load-in and load-out of artistic and structural rigging;
- Ensure technical and temporary personnel follow safety standards and regulations regarding rigging equipment;
- Apply safety standards and regulations for rigging equipment, and practise safe work methods;
- Replace other technicians in various positions during performances, as needed;
- Respect and support procedures and requirements set by Cirque du Soleil with regard to managing equipment and stock;
- Use the tools and procedures provided to manage inventory and equipment data;
- Follow requirements defined by the customs and logistics departments for transporting equipment with touring shows;
- Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the Production Manager or the Head Rigger.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- College diploma (or equivalent) in live entertainment or theatre production (or equivalent work experience);
- A minimum of three years' experience as touring rigger;
- Experience with aerial/human rigging, an asset;
- Personnel management experience, an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows;
- Flexibility, autonomy, team player;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
- Ability to work high above ground (climbing abilities essential);
- Fluency in spoken and written English, essential;
- Availability to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success.