Department Supervisor, Wardrobe - R.U.N
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
The Department Supervisor is responsible for leading the show track (evening shift) technical team and supports the theatrical equipment maintenance and operation in a safe and consistent manner.
In this pivotal role, you will:
· Ensure all departmental equipment, systems, functions, procedures, show tracks, maintenance and inspections logs, special projects, etc. are properly and adequately documented;
· Work closely with the General Stage Manager to support daily technical needs during rehearsals and performance;
· Schedule all show crew and manage PTO, work with Head of department on all On-Call needs.
· Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
· Coordinates with Technical Manager to ensure departmental training needs are met and in compliance;
· Ensure Show Crew Personnel adhere to and enforce MGM/Cirque company policy and procedures;
· Responsible for hiring of new employees, performance evaluations and taking disciplinary and corrective actions as needed;
· In coordination with the Department Head, coordinate and supervise special projects including the research, purchase, installation, testing, troubleshooting, integration and ongoing maintenance and inspection of all equipment and systems required for rehearsal, training and show applications as well as inter- or intra-departmental needs;
· Responsible for programming cue changes and new additions to the show;
· Collaborate with the Department Head to establish and maintain training and backup plans to ensure continuity of performance operations of the department in the event of unexpected failure of a system, component or piece of equipment;
· Maintain show records; including cue updates, daily show reports, and related paperwork;
· Maintain a flexible schedule for rehearsal, training and evening show performances;
· Perform all other job-related duties as requested.
Ideally, you will have:
· At least 5 years of technical show operations experience;
· Working knowledge of installing & maintaining related systems and equipment;
· Excellent customer service skills;
· Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts;
· Professional appearance and demeanor;
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays;
· High school diploma or equivalent;
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms;
· Working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook preferred;
· Previous experience working in a similar resort setting preferred.