Technical Manager - R.U.N
Full Time Position
Reporting to the Senior Operations Production Manager, the Technical Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the Technical Department in maintaining safe and consistent show operations for all performances and day to day operations of the Show. In conjunction with the General Stage Manager, the Technical Manager will oversee daily training and staging, nightly technical show call operations, and the normal duties of the show’s Heads of Department.
You will be a champion at:
· Managing all technical activities and operations on a day-to-day basis in coordination with the Senior Operations Production Manager, the General Stage Manager and venue Facility Engineering; including theater auxiliary shops and off-site spaces;
· Managing the Heads of Department to ensure consistency of show call operations and quality as defined by the Senior Operations Production Manager;
· Coordinating the crew schedules, time reporting and payroll verification as needed;
· Ensuring compliance of required training for the technical department as directed by Cirque’s Talent, Health and Safety departments.
· Supporting the Senior Operations Production Manager and Production Services Department in planning all local resources including labor and technical resources as required for the smooth install and operation of show content for outside events;
· Supporting the Production Services department with technical documentation of all modifications made to the site and show equipment; including all capital improvements;
· Participating in the inspection and preventive maintenance, and reporting of issues to be corrected by venue facility engineering.
· Budgeting and reporting in coordination with the Senior Operations Production Manager; including forecasting and expense approval prior to committing resources;
· Technical reporting to Show Senior team members.
Ideally, you will have:
· Ten years' experience in a technical management position on large-scale theatrical productions and/or special events.
· Touring experience is an asset;
· Excellent communication skills.
· Fluency in spoken and written English. Fluency in French is an asset;
· Knowledge of Microsoft applications for Windows; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS;
· Demonstrated leadership skills;
· Demonstrated project management;
· Thorough knowledge of theatrical technologies.