Production Accounting Technician
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador of Corporate Accounting, you will be working with the other Finance teams, as well as the operational departments you serve. In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, mainly the Senior Production Accountant and Manager – Corporate Accounting.
You will be known for:
- Developing production cost capture frameworks within the finance system to meet the company’s management and financial information needs;
- Ensuring the proper accounting of all production costs (nature, implementation, sale, amortization period);
- Performing accounting entries pertaining to productions;
- Preparing monthly production cost tracking reports;
- Tracking production cost invoicing to the various partners;
- Tracking requests for capital;
- Preparing relevant sections for external auditing and corporate tax files;
- Ensuring compliance with all production cost capitalization and accounting policies;
- Contributing to the documentation of accounting procedures for the production process;
- Maintaining key internal controls, in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
- Participating in various continuous improvement projects to optimize processes and reduce the production cycle time of financial information.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- A college-level diploma in accounting;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position within a major company;
- Thoroughness, sense of responsibility and organizational skills;
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft applications (SAP and Longview software, an asset);
- A great fluency in French and English, both spoken and written.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Get involved in our community.