Production Stage Manager - MSC Virtuosa
Temporary position (6 months)
Start date: May 2020
Please note that there will be a temporary assignment in France for approximately 2 months (August 30 to November 5, 2020)
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador of the new production, you will:
During the conceptual phase:
- Liaise between creation and production by sharing information from the perspective of the running of the show;
- Encourage communication within the creation team and collate information from the perspective of the running of the show;
- Develop and update the technical storyboard as well as the training, staging and rehearsal schedules;
- Develop and update the chart of onstage appearances, including costumes and props;
- Ensure the accuracy of lists for costumes, props and all other technical equipment, and follow up with all teams concerned;
- Develop the general plans for training, staging and rehearsal, taking into account the needs of the various teams and departments involved (orientation and training, costume fittings, etc.);
- Develop and update the show’s stage management log.
Also, during training, staging and rehearsal and in preparation for transfer to the running crew:
- Organize the technical testing of equipment and stage mechanisms in conjunction with the show’s technical department and team of designers;
- Produce artists’ weekly schedules;
- Make sure training, staging and rehearsals run smoothly in accordance with the schedule and priorities;
- Coordinate and lead daily meetings with the creation and production teams during rehearsals;
- Transfer the documents (stage management log, props lists, etc.) required for the show’s smooth operation to the General Stage Manager and his or her team.
We want to meet you if you have:
· College-level diploma (DEC) in performing arts or equivalent experience in show production;
- Ten years’ experience in stage management;
- Experience in the creation and running of major shows;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Excellent proven communication skills, self-reliance and team spirit;
- Superior organizational and priority-management skills, highly developed sense of initiative and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change;
- Availability to work irregular hours;
- Availability to travel and work in France and in Europe, for approximately 2 months.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;