Manager - Sales and Customer Experience
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Company Manager and functionally to the International Headquarters (IHQ) Sales and Operations Director, you will be required to supervise commercial activities on tour, as well as ensuring a high quality customer experience. You will be responsible for Merchandising, Food and Beverage, VIP, Box Office sales and operations.
In order to ensure the delivery of Cirque du Soleil customer service standards, your responsibilities will entail:
- A strong focus on commercial activities in order to maximize sales and efficiency;
- Ensure that FOH areas are set up according to guidelines established by International Headquarters (IHQ), such as merchandising displays, F&B bars and counters, the Box Office/Customer Service area as well as the Tapis Rouge suite;
- Supervise the Merchandising, Hospitality, Food and Beverage, House and Box Office Sales and Customer Experience Supervisor teams;
- Ensure that operations are managed within budget parameters (staff hours) and achieve sales - targets;
- Manage F&B and Merch inventory as per IHQ guidelines and standard operating procedures;
- Manage and evaluate the performance and service level of the VIP caterer and temporary staff provider as per negotiated agreements;
- Oversee show call duties;
- Maintain a clear focus on client experience and address on-site customer service issues / customer complaints;
- Participate in business unit conference calls to review budget and sales initiatives and provide feedback on a regular basis;
- Recommend and implement process improvements to increase operational efficiency and maximize sales in collaboration with the IHQ team;
- Lead and participate in the setup and tear-down of all Front of House (FOH) infrastructures;
- Ensure that all public area equipment and facilities are clean and maintained in good condition, and transfer all equipment-related requests to the appropriate team;
- Ensure management of all HR-related processes for commercial activities and customer service departments (hiring, performance evaluations, discipline management, coaching).
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration;
- 8 to 10 years of experience in sales and marketing;
- Experience in management;
- Solid customer service experience in the Hospitality, Food and Beverage or Apparel retail sales industries. Box Office Management an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential;
- Fluency in French or any language is an asset;
- Available to tour internationally full time and to work in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;