On-Call Wardrobe Dresser - R.U.N.
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website. Workday Links can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
NOTE #4 - This is an On Call position.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Assist with ongoing Wardrobe Department operations; duties include: sewing, fitting, alterations, painting, dying, makeup, emergency repairs and cleaning of all costumes and costume accessories for the production.
· Assist in the set-up and maintenance of the craft area.
· Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training.
· Preserve the ongoing, long-term integrity of costumes, shoes, hats and accessories during performances and for rehearsals as directed.
· Participate in special projects, including making and altering new costume show elements.
· Assist other departments as needed to run the performances and rehearsals.
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances.
· Maintain maintenance documentation and participate in rotation of duties as directed.
· Assist with the ordering, procuring and tracking of the department's expendables and equipment.
· Performs all other job related duties as requested.
You should have the following qualifications:
· At least 2 years of experience as a professional costume technician.
· Previous experience in costume repair, shoe repair, makeup and millinery for a large-scale production show.
· Strong Machine and Hand stitching Costume skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
It would be preferred if you also have:
· Airbrushing, painting, dying and sculpting knowledge.
· Fluency in French.
· Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.