Are you ready for a big leap? The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for the entire entertainment industry. At Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, we remain ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet. Our brand is alive and well today, and we look forward to bringing our shows back to our audiences with new health and safety measures, ensuring the wellbeing of our employees and fans.
Our hearts are pounding at the thought of reopening our theaters and big tops across the world and we are excited for the future of our company!
Hold your breath and dive into the action: are you ready to work for one of Cirque du Soleil’s most iconic shows? We are looking for an Projections Supervisor who will report to the Resident Shows Division's (RSD) Projections Manager whose role will be to lead the Projection team in the installation, maintenance and operation of all projection systems. The Supervisor will set up and maintain interactive projection system consisting of several computers, projectors, cameras, network and other related stage equipment.
The Projections Supervisor will:
· Oversee daily departmental task lists and crew scheduling including day maintenance, rehearsal and training and show calls with the guidance of the Department Manager and technical management; including completing staff performance reviews and disciplinary actions, and assisting with hiring of new employees;
· Manage and edit all payroll needs with Cirque du Soleil, and work with Show Technical Manager on HR issues;
· Assist establishing yearly budgets with the Production Department Manager.
· Set up and maintain interactive projection system consisting of several computers, projectors, cameras, network and other related stage equipment;
· Operate the system during performances. Diagnose and implement repair solutions in case of failure in any of the components;
· Maintain and update projection installation specifications, cueing documentation, inventory of projection material and equipment, and all pertinent inspection and maintenance records;
· Adhere to and promote all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations as they pertain to the safe operation of all elements related to the show; participate in all required health and safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
· Ensure adherence to the projection design in collaboration with the Projections Designer and the Projections Manager;
· Maintain all archives and records necessary for system maintenance;
· Work with the projection team to develop and maintain a safe working environment by complying with all established safety policies and procedures;
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals/training, maintenance and show calls;
· All other duties as assigned by the RSD Production Projections Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED required. Vocational Diploma in a related field;
· At least five years of previous experience in interactive visual technologies and stage performance;
· Strong skills with computer network systems;
· Training in electronics and projection systems preferred;
· Wide range of knowledge in interactive visual technologies required;
· Previous experience with PC hardware setup and administration, large-format video projectors, video cameras, hardware and software video capture, editing and compression experience;
· Real-time graphics knowledge (includes setup of graphics cards);
· Ethernet and wireless technology knowledge (TCP/IP, UDP, switches, firewalls);
· Working knowledge of MIDI and DMX and knowledge of MAX/MSP;
· Experience with digital video formats including DVI.
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
· 30-hour OSHA course completion card required.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.