Advisor - Computer Aided Drafting
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Manager - IT support Center, the CAD Advisor assists the Drafting team throughout Cirque du Soleil. As such, you will be responsible for the optimal operation of the tools used by all Draftspersons.
You will be known for:
- Actively supporting the business units and CAD users for the optimal use of the following tools: EPDM, AutoCAD and SolidWorks;
- Ensuring that the main drafting management tool (EPDM) is functioning properly, in compliance with the corporate vision and best industry practices;
- Actively participating in creating and developing processes and standards for managing the technical drawings of all Cirque shows (in production or running) and passing them on to the technical community;
- Cooperating with various stakeholders: IT Support Center, IT Operations, solutions analysts, CAD tool vendors, etc., to ensure a sound CAD technological environment (e.g., creation and installation of software installation packages, licence and CAD product management, benchmark machines);
- Ensuring EPDM application maintenance (Drawing Vault and server for generating PDFs);
- Monitoring CAD licences (loans);
- Communicating regularly with CAD users to develop synergy;
- Establishing, updating and distributing tools such as profile cards, title blocks and metadata required for the optimal use of the various systems;
- Collaborating with the SharePoint team and ensure the smooth integration of EPDM with the EDMS tool;
- Taking part in implementing the EDMS for CAD.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- A university or college degree, or equivalent experience, in one of the following fields: industrial design, information technologies, CAD or stagecraft Any combination of these fields is an asset;
- At least three years' relevant experience in a similar CAD, IT or document management position;
- Expertise in technical documentation in a document management context combined with the use of an EDMS;
- Experience in production, show creation or manufacturing (an asset);
- Organizational skills;
- Planning skills;
- The ability to work in a team and under pressure;
- Drafting and public speaking skills;
- An analytical and insightful approach;
- Good collaborative and coordination skills with multiple work teams;
- A proactive approach;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Occasional availability for user requests outside regular business hours (Las Vegas and tours).
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque’s creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love:
- Making a real, visible difference in what you do;
- Learning and growing within our international environment;
- Seeing our shows and contributing to their success;
- Eating at our cafeteria and discovering its gourmet menu.