Technician – Textile
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an expert in material processing, you will design, produce and deliver textile materials that meet our shows’ needs.
In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, especially the Manager – Materials and Head of Textiles, throughout the required textile processing phases.
Your duties will include the following:
- Taking part in developing prototypes from an idea, image or sketch, taking artistic and acrobatic performance constraints into consideration;
- Providing operational and technical support to shows and subcontracting teams to ensure the quality of deliverables;
- Making materials based on technical documents, while respecting deadlines, and suggesting technical improvements, as needed;
- Programming dyeing, cutting and digital printing equipment (e.g., sublimation);
- Conducting colour tests;
- Preparing colours and dyes, and handling various tools (scraper, brush, sponge);
- Printing and dyeing colours and patterns onto materials (direct application, screen printing, dyeing);
- Applying sizing, Mytex and press gilding;
- Conducting finishing (draining, setting, washing and drying);
- Taking part in the continuous improvement culture and various projects within the Costume Workshops;
- Maintaining tools and equipment;
- Tracking inventories and products used, and take part in transfers, as needed.
We want to meet you if you have:
- A college degree in textile printing, visual arts or equivalent;
- At least three years’ experience in the textile industry (screen printing, dying) or equivalent;
- Proficiency with the various textile chemistry and processing techniques;
- The ability to perform work requiring repetitive movements, precision and attention to detail, and that may require some physical effort;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Self-reliance, organizational skills, versatility and resourcefulness;
- The ability to adapt to changes and meet tight deadlines.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Get involved in our community;
- Join a dynamic, high energy and creative team.