Financial Analyst – Resident Shows Division
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference. Hold your breath and dive into the action: you are about to live an extraordinary experience!
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will provide support and analysis to Resident Shows management to enable the efficient management of human and financial resources. The ideal candidate will be viewed as a trusted business advisor and must demonstrate excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, be highly organized, self-motivated and solution-oriented problem-solver with the ability to handle a variety of tasks independently and efficiently. Additionally, this individual must be energetic, ethical and desire a challenging work environment.
The Financial Analyst will be a champion at:
• Developing in-depth knowledge of show operations and serving as a business advisor to management.
• Developing the annual budgets (operating and capital), monthly forecasting and cash flow projections for the assigned shows.
• Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the financial results of the assigned shows.
• Analyzing and reviewing periodic results with Resident Shows management.
• Identifying opportunities to improve the consistency and accuracy of the financial information.
• Producing strategic analyses to optimize management decision making.
• Promoting compliance with the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
• Monitoring and assuring Cirque and Partner compliance with the terms and conditions of the Performance Agreement.
• Serving as a financial liaison between Cirque’s Executive team, the shows and Partners.
• Providing finance support for the development of new tools and methods to support internal customers.
• Assisting in formulating and implementing new financial systems, tools, and methods.
• Leading and directing others.
• Implementing processes, techniques and tools that optimize the effectiveness of the operating teams and result in quality deliverables.
• Evaluating performance and completion of initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• At least four years of previous experience in a relevant financial position.
• Ability to make sound decisions in light of the company’s business.
• Ability to communicate in English, both written and verbally; knowledge of French is an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft tool (Word, Powerpoint, etc.).
• Experience with partnerships and shared profitability and reporting a plus.
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to achieve results; Experience with an ERP or comparable business information system, (SAP an asset) and reporting tools (‘Longview’ is a plus).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.