NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
In this pivotal role, as the Lead Wardrobe Technician, you will:
- Assist with the ongoing Wardrobe department operations; duties include sewing, fitting, alterations, painting, dying, wig styling and makeup
- Maintain, fit, , adjust, build and repair all costume pieces and accessories for the show to preserve the long-term integrity of the costume design
- Assist with ordering, procuring and tracking of the department's expendables and equipment
- Supervise running of shop in absence of Head or Assistant Head of Wardrobe, collaborating with other departments as needed to run the performances and rehearsals
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures, participating in all required safety classes and rescue procedure training
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
- Minimum four (4) years of theatrical Wardrobe experience on a large-scale production
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of all technical Wardrobe machinery and equipment
- Ability to obtain OSHA 30 certification
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and verbal forms
- Knowledgeable of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Ideally, you will have:
- At least 10 years of experience as a professional costume technician in costume repair, shoe repair, make-up and millinery on large scale stage productions
- OSHA 30 certification
make-up and millinery on large scale stage productions
- Experience with fire safety and fire-proofing costumes
- Vocational School Diploma in a related field
- Knowledge of ACDsee photo program
- Knowledge of make-up database
- Knowledge of make-up teaching technique
- Working knowledge of make-up applications and products (Mac, Ben Nye, Makeup Forever, etc.)
- Working knowledge of wig building, both ventilation and styling
- Working knowledge of hair styling and coloring
- Airbrushing, painting and sculpting experience
- Experience working in a similar theatrical setting
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.