MS Office 365-SharePoint Advisor
Are you ready for a big leap?
The last few months have been a real series of acrobatics and contortions for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. But we are ambitious and passionate about our work, and we always know how to get back on our feet, even after superhuman somersaults.
Our hearts are still pounding at the thought of rebuilding our company and dreaming of its wonderful future. Do you have the audacity we need to take up the challenge? By joining us, you'll be working in uncharted territory, but where you can make a real difference.
The MS Office 365 SharePoint Advisor will be responsible for the support and evolution of the collaboration and productivity tools. Reporting to the Platforms and Operations Team Leader, you will contribute to deliver solutions tailored to the cirque needs. You will oversee all aspects related to the MS Office 365 suite, more specifically Teams and SharePoint. Your main objective will be to ensure the availability and efficient use of the collaboration and productivity tools.
The MS Office 365 SharePoint Advisor will:
- Provide support and assistance to the client services team (CATI);
- Participate in the resolution of SharePoint and Teams incidents and problems;
- Collaborate with users to develop and implement integrated and collaborative solutions;
- Develop and maintain a community of practice through super users;
- Participate in implementing document management strategy and best practices;
- Write, execute, and evolve a governance plan for M365 products;
- Measure, record, analyze and collaborate in improving user satisfaction;
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement;
- Monitor the evolution of solutions and produce recommendations;
- Share, collaborate and build workshops and FAQs to train frontline teams;
- Contribute to the documentation and content of the knowledge base.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Five years of experience as a SharePoint Specialist;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office 365 suite;
- Experience in document management planning and best practices;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Microsoft certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSE or MCITP (strong assets);
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving abilities;
- Problem solving skills critical to analyze and create proper responses and solutions quickly to clients;
- Ability to engage in multiple projects and business deals to develop approaches to resolve a wide range of issues and problems;
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills in English and French.