Temporary position (End date: August 21, 2020)
Job location: Full-time touring show and international travels
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, especially the Head of Automation.
As an expert in entertainment automation…
Your responsibilities will entail:
- Act as automation equipment operator during rehearsals and performances;
- Act in an advisory capacity regarding mechanical and motorized systems;
- Ensure the safety of automation equipment at all times;
- Take part in inspecting and maintaining automation equipment, and keep records of inspections and alterations;Update automation archives;
- Participate in site load-in and load-out;
- Replace other technicians in various positions during performances, as needed;
- Apply safety standards and regulations for automation equipment, and practise safe work methods;
- Respect and support procedures and requirements set by Cirque du Soleil with regard to managing equipment and stock;
- Use the tools and procedures provided by the global equipment management team to manage inventory and equipment data;
- Follow requirements defined by the customs and logistics departments for transporting equipment with touring shows;
- Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the Technical Director or the Head of Automation.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- College diploma (or equivalent) in live entertainment, theatre production or electronics (or equivalent work experience);
- Two to three years' experience in automation systems;
- Technical knowledge of automation systems (PLC, AC motor control, slave systems, control loops, electrical systems);
- General knowledge of mechanical and electronic systems;
- Flexible, autonomous and team-spirited;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications for Windows;
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in French is an asset;
- Available in full time and to foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;