Accountant - Production
Temporary position - 18 months
Availability to work full time in foreign countries
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As a guru of accounting, you will be the sole contact person for productions (liaising between projects and various stakeholders in Finance – Accounting, Financial Analysis, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Taxation, Payroll, Treasury).
In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, especially the Director of the project assigned to you and the Finance Manager – Events and Experience.
Your responsibilities will entail:
Project team support:
- Produce budget analyses and tracking, financial presentations, cost/budget/forecast gap reports, expense reports and revenue conciliation;
- Collect costs from other internal departments for our various projects (e.g., Wardrobe, Makeup, studios);
- Provide financial support to the Operations team for ongoing projects;
- Produce individual and corporate tax recommendation requests and follow-ups during the project development phase.
End-of-period accounting supports:
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts in the treasury management software and analyze client accounts;
- Prepare month-end accruals for Corporate Accounting;
- Prepare monthly credit card accruals for special event personnel;
- Submit the required project accounting entries to Corporate Accounting (e.g., salary reinvoicing, allocations, reclassifications);
- Liaise with the Corporate Finance team (e.g., project structure management, year-end activities, audits);
- Prepare the projects’ monthly CAPEX forecasts.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or administration (with a focus on accounting, an asset), or any relevant experience;
- Three to five years’ experience in accounting or a related field;
- Experience in production environment in the entertainment sector (an asset);
- Knowledge of SAP, Webcycle and Concur (an asset);
- Keen organizational and multitasking skills;
- Open-mindedness, a sense of autonomy and thoroughness, as well as good communication skills;
- Fluency in both French and English.
- Availability to work full time in foreign countries.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Be a part of a revolutionary experience in reshaping operations at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group.