On Call Position
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website. Workday Links can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
NOTE #4 - This is an On Call Position
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Run show cue tracks which might include working other technical show elements.
· Preset all costumes and maintain costume and related accessories for the performance.
· Attend artists trainings and show stagings when scheduled.
· Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed.
· Preserve the long-term integrity of costumes, shoes, hats and accessories.
· Make alterations and emergency repairs on active show pieces where needed.
· Clean all costumes/accessories and help with organization and cleanliness of the work space.
· Participate in special projects or PR events when needed.
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances.
· Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
· Maintain maintenance documentation and participate in rotation of duties as directed.
· Assist with the ordering, procuring and tracking of the department's expendables and equipment as needed.
· Perform other tasks and carries out projects as assigned by the Wardrobe Supervisor.
· Perform all other job related duties as requested.
You should have the following qualifications:
· At least 3 years working experience as a professional costume dresser, including experience in costume repairs for a large scale production show.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
It would be preferred if you also have:
· Previous experience working in a large multi cultural group.
· Previous experience working in a similar theatrical setting.