Reporting to the Site Operations Director, you will be required to:
- Participate in the maintenance of the site infrastructures;
- Jointly with International Headquarters (IHQ), update the preventive maintenance and inspection program as well as the installation and operating procedures for infrastructures;
- Coordinate setup and tear-down activities in cooperation with the Site Operations Director;
- Coordinate the grandstands, chairs and carpentry workshop and inventory maintenance;
- Develop and supervise projects assigned by the Site Operations Director;
- Follow and support the equipment and inventory management procedures and requirements as required by Cirque du Soleil. Utilize the tools and procedures provided by IHQ to maintain inventory and equipment data. Follow the requirements detailed for customs and logistics with regards to the transport of material with touring productions;
- Carry out all other tasks assigned by the Site Operations Director.
- Develop and execute all carpentry work on site;
- Assist with setup and tear-down of infrastructures according to infrastructure installation and operating procedures set by IHQ;
- Operate site infrastructures according to infrastructure installation and operating procedures set by IHQ;
- Maintain and repair site infrastructures according to the infrastructure preventive maintenance and inspection program set by IHQ;
- Inform the IHQ of modifications made to equipment and infrastructures in order to keep the preventive maintenance and inspection program as well as the installation and operating procedures for infrastructures up to date;
- Supervise fly-ins and local supernumerary personnel during setup and tear-down and for special projects;
- Participate in show call and/or morning rounds;
- Remain on call for emergencies.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Carpentry certification or equivalent work experience;
- Six to eight years' experience in carpentry;
- Knowledge of structural elements in metal will be an asset.
- Tour experience an asset;
- Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure;
- Ability to work well independently and in a team;
- Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French is an asset;
- Available to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.