Blue Man Group New York at the Astor Place Theatre is seeking a Sales Coordinator to assist in servicing and securing groups attending the show. The Sales Coordinator will be an integral team member responsible for contributing towards achieving show revenue goals.
This position reports to the Manager of Tourism & Group Sales. This position interacts with the Director Sales & Marketing, Coordinator Sales & Marketing, external customers, internal staff (box office, front of house, company management, stage management, Resident General Manager) and outside business partners and vendors. Previous experience working in sales, box office and/or customer service is desired.
The Sales Coordinator will be responsible for:
· Communication with Group Leaders bringing groups of all sizes to attend the show:
Common Group Types: School Groups, Scout Troops, Corporate Groups, Birthday Party Organizers, Family Outing Organizers and Tour & Travel Operators. Communication will include answering inbound calls/emails from existing clients and new prospective clients and making out bound calls to new leads to interest them in attending the show with the goal of securing new business.
· Assist Sales Manager in following up with clients for payment and filling orders by utilizing Sales Force and Ticketmaster systems.
· Research new sales leads
· Assist or lead Event Coordination for added experiences and customized show experiences such as tailored buyouts or receptions held at the theatre in conjunction with group ticket purchase.
· Maintaining sales collateral -assist in the process of producing/replenishing/delivering flyers, sales sheets, client proposal packages etc.
· As needed, represent the company as the on-site contact for special events such as receptions, private or promotional events, buyouts etc. Attend community/industry events as a show representative distributing Blue Man Group collateral and speaking with interested attendees about the show experience and ticket opportunities.
Candidates must be reliable, personable, outgoing, motivated self-starters possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer service skills, excellent attention to organization & detail and the ability to work independently & multi-task within a busy environment. A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook programs is required as well as a solid understanding of general office equipment. Experience in Sales Force and/or Ticketmaster would be ideal but it not required. Full training will be offered.
This is a part time hourly position. Schedule would be 30 hours per week; with flexibility needed for busier seasons (Spring Break & Holidays). You will be entitled to the company benefits package. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and 401k.An orientation session will be scheduled with Company Management to review these options.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter.
Attention: Melissa Klein
No Phone Calls Please
Blue Man Group is a global entertainment phenomenon, known for its award-winning theatrical productions, iconic characters, and multiple creative explorations. Blue Man Group is owned and operated by Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group.
Blue Man Group performances are euphoric celebrations of human connection through art, music, comedy, and non-verbal communication. Since debuting at New York’s Astor Place Theatre in 1991, the live show as expanded to additional domestic residencies in Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Orlando, an international residency in Berlin, and multiple North American and World tours, reaching more than 35 million people worldwide. Blue Man Group is universally appealing to a broad range of age groups and cultural backgrounds, and continually injected with new music, fresh stories, custom instruments, and sensory stimulating graphics.
Blue Man Group is committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity, and treats everyone with fairness and respect. BMG does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.