NOTE #1 - This position is classified under MGM Resorts International. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in the MGM Resorts International selection process.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Working as a member of the lighting team, responsible for the safe and consistent operation of the projection systems for KÀ. Setup and maintain interactive projection system consisting of computers, projectors, cameras, network and other related stage equipment. Provide other video supporting services.
- Run projection cue tracks. Operate and maintain projection equipment as directed for performances, artist training, and support services. Diagnose and implement repair solutions in case of failure in any of the components.
- Setup, administration and maintenance of Windows 7 and Windows 10 based PCs connected to a large variety of stage equipment.
- Setup, calibrate, and maintain large venue DLP video projectors.
- Setup, calibrate, and maintain near-infrared camera tracking system consisting of LED IR illuminators, IR cameras, capture boards and tracking software.
- Ensure adherence to the projection design in collaboration with the projections designer and the Lighting Supervisor. - Maintain focus and cueing to preserve the artistic integrity of the design.
- Maintain all archives and records necessary to maintain the system.
- Work with the Lighting team to develop and maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals/trainings, maintenance, and show calls The ability to work under pressure, be self-motivated, and provide a positive work environment both inside the department and theatre wide.
- All other duties as assigned by the Lighting Supervisor.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- At least 5 years of experience with interactive visual technologies and stage performance.
- Previous experience with PC hardware setup and administration, large format video projectors, video cameras, hardware and software video capture, editing and compression experience.
- Working knowledge with real-time graphics (includes setup of graphics cards).
- Working knowledge with Ethernet and Wireless technology (TCP/IP, UDP, Switches, Firewalls).
- Working knowledge of MIDI and DMX.
- Working Knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Working knowledge of digital video formats.
- Strong abilities with computer networking systems.
- Wide range of knowledge in interactive visual technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.