Advisor - Documentalist
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador ofknowledge management, you will help maintain our show documentation. You will be a writer, a researcher, a teacher and an organizer. Most importantly, you are detail oriented and meticulous. You are curious, open-minded, and above all, you love to solve mysteries and help others improve efficiency.
In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, especially the Head of Document Management.
Your responsibilities will entail:
· Writing, editing and occasionally translating documentation related to our Shows in Creation and in Operation;
· Training users on best practices for documentation and producing training materials;
· Helping validate documentation during transfers between the Production and Operations teams;
· Performing documentation needs analyses and participating in the development of classification structures and systems;
· Collaborating with the Productivity Tools team in system delivery;
· Researching information related to our shows;
· Helping ensure that our documentation libraries are up to date;
· Protecting information security by applying access standards;
· Supporting the Head of Document Management to ensure our electronic document management systems are running smoothly.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- A university degree in a relevant field (theatre, library sciences or social sciences);
- 5 to 7 years of proven experience in theatre production, information management and/or writing;
- High-level proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365 suite and/or other electronic document management systems;
- Proficiency with CAD tools (an asset);
- The ability to learn new information systems;
- Planning, organizational and needs analysis skills;
- Writing skills and insight;
- Excellent communication skills and team spirit;
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- Be a part of a revolutionary experience in reshaping documentation operations at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group;
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Grow your vegetable garden on-site.