Part Time Position
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website. Workday links can be found at the bottom of this posting.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
· Assist the Department Supervisor in ensuring the safe setup, use and maintenance of rigging equipment used by artists during performances, rehearsals and training periods;
· Operate rigging equipment during performances and rehearsals;
· Implement, document and ensure compliance with the rigging equipment safety inspection program;
· Assist with inventory and, if necessary, identify any additional rigging equipment that may be required;
· Ensure the security of facilities at all times, and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations;
· Adhere to standards and regulations pertaining to the safety of rigging equipments, and comply with safe working methods;
· Assist with the maintenance of technical equipment;
· Carry out all other tasks requested by the Department Supervisor.
You should have the following qualifications:
· College diploma (or equivalent) in live entertainment or theatre production (or equivalent work experience);
· A minimum of three years' experience as a rigger, experience with aerial/human rigging an asset;
· Strong swimming ability is a MUST;
· ‘Rescue Diver’ Certification is an asset - all rigging technicians must be certified up the ‘Rescue Diver’ level once hired.
· Good general understanding of all technical aspects of a show an asset;
· Personnel management experience an asset;
· Knowledge of Microsoft software for Windows;
· Flexibility, autonomy, team player;
· Good communication skills;
· Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
· Ability to work high above the ground (climbing abilities essential);
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French is an asset.