Cirque du Soleil is more than a circus show creator. Over the past 30 years audiences have been our inspiration and exploring new ways of entertaining them our mission. We’ve also created unique, customized productions - large and small - expanding our creative reach to include an ice show, cruise liner performances, upside down acts, interactive installations and family entertainment centers. We’ve collaborated with international tourism and sports organizations and celebrated names in the concert industry. We’ve even reinvented our past with a new touring show and we’re taking it to markets we’ve never been to before.
Imagine what the future holds! Join us on this exhilarating adventure.
As Technical Director for new productions or events, you will closely collaborate with creative, production and technical teams, whose passion and solution driven thinking propels a new creation from storyboard to successful event premiere. You will be responsible for planning and overseeing the production’s technical aspects, including: the preparation of plans, drawings and quotes, production and fabrication, delivery, etc.,for all stage components sound, lighting, video and new technologies, special effects, staging and set design, acrobatic equipment, and any other required technical equipment.
A Technical Director at Cirque is:
· A resourceful leader who rallies team members around an inspiration and/or challenging concept, stimulating ideas and provoking innovative solutions;
· A technical expert with strong assessment skills responsible for analyzing technical feasibility and design quality while working with experts to find the most optimal result;
· A technological enthusiast who has his/her pulse on new technological advances, one who guides team members in transforming imaginative designs into ground-breaking show elements;
· A strong communicator ensuring a seamless collaboration between internal and external creative stakeholders, stepping in when challenges and unexpected situations arise;
· A solution-driven project manager, focused on meeting budget and delivery deadlines and who has a keen appreciation for the artistic vision;
· A meticulous planner, ensuring teams have the necessary direction and support to take action, maintaining open communication with all participants throughout the creative process;
· A strategic negotiator with suppliers and external partners, ensuring Cirque’s high-quality standards.
Cirque offers different project environments, which one stimulates you the most?
· Signature Cirque du Soleil show creation: for 12-24 months work alongside creation and production teams devoted to delivering a new and unique big top, arena or resident show.
· Innovative show/ event creation: in a continued quest to innovate and diversify our creation palette, be part of a team that explores unfamiliar concepts and immersive experiences.
· Events: participate in delivering extraordinary large- or small-scale events in fast-paced, think quick, solution-driven settings. Must have a “we can do it - let’s get it done” attitude!